Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Paid Time Off with Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
Equal Opportunity Employer
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous stock clerk experience preferred.
- Familiarity with/knowledge of hospital supplies beneficial.
- Works in a well-lighted, heated and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department as prescribed by the philosophy of the hospital. Exposure to blood borne pathogens is high risk.
- This position requires interactions and relationships with all hospital departments. Will require working with OR staff and physicians.
- Receives, inspects, stores, transports/delivers, issues, safeguards, accounts for, and replenishes medical material supplies at required locations in a timely fashion. Processes receipts for incoming supplies. Ensures quality and quantity of materials match supporting documentation, and notes discrepancies. Assists in the OR's periodic inventory count. Performs required computer operations functions and operates handheld scanners.
- Physical demands of the position are moderate. The technician will be required to lift items up to 50 lbs., reach heights of 8 feet, as well as bend to the floor. The technician should be in reasonably good physical condition and available to spend long periods of time standing on a solid surface. The technician must be able to endure 6+ hours of mobility, with rapid response.
- Understanding of materials management as related to inventory (i.e., counting and supplying inventory locations), purchasing, and delivery of supplies. Must be able to problem solve. Computer skills required.
Apply on company website