Description Position at VON Canada
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: National Finance
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Location: Remote, must be in Nova Scotia, and does require on-site attendance in Halifax when required.
The Senior Financial Analyst provides direction to the Financial Analysts while providing operational support to the Finance Directors or Senior Finance Managers This role includes general accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, and process improvement responsibilities.
- Prepares general accounting entries for the monthly and year-end close for both VON Canada and the VON Canada Pension Plan.
- Prepares working papers and account analysis to support monthly and annual financial statements for various GL accounts.
- Conducts analysis and provides updates of the GIC portfolio and cash reserve accounts.
- Provides analytical support to Finance and others in Corporate Services.
- Assists with the annual VON budget process.
- Maintains the General Ledger master data and reports in SAP.
- Creates new assets in the SAP fixed asset module.
- Provides support to SAP users for banking, fixed assets, and general
- Prepares and records the monthly vacation accrual for VON Canada.
- Prepares year-end audit working papers for both VON Canada and the VON Canada Pension
- Prepares draft financial statements for the VON Canada Pension Plan.
- Prepares the HST rebate submission for VON Canada.
- Prepares consolidated financial and management reports as
- Prepares T3010 charitable returns for various legal entities as required.
- Post-secondary degree in business, finance or accounting.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA – CMA, CGA or CA) or working toward one.
- Minimum 5 years of general accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Experience working in not-for-profit sector is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of SAP and BOARD
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Apply on company website