Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Job Description:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related Engineering discipline preferred
- 7+ years of solid experience around Data Engineering, Application Integrations and Integrating with Cloud Data Platforms
- 7+ years of Experience developing Data Engineering solutions using various design patterns such as Batch and Streaming ETL, Integrating with Message Queues & Topics, Developing Producers and Consumers and Integrating with API's
- At least 4+ years of Experience around SQL, Java programming and shell scripting
- Any Workflow scheduler experience; UC4 preferred
- Excellent knowledge around distributed data processing framework such as Kafka is required
- Experience working in a Datawarehouse environment as well as knowledge on Datawarehouse Modelling concepts is required
- Data Engineering, Data warehouse, Batch and Streaming ETL, Publish & Subscribe, Message Queues, Topics, Producers, Consumers, SQL, Shell Scripts, API's, RDBMS etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytic skills with the ability to use key tools to dive deep and provide analysis consistently on performance metrics
- Strong Microsoft Office program experience, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Data Engineering responsibilities for designing and building data pipelines using technology stacks such as Kafka, Kafka Producers and Consumers, SQL and Java
- Contribute to establishing and growing Data Engineering designs, best practices and standards for the enterprise
- Partner with Business Analysts and Application developers across various functional areas within enterprise such as Store Systems, Merchandising, Digital etc. to design and deliver scalable data engineering solution
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
- Provide expertise and recommend solutions to complex data engineering requirements and technical issues
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and options for data engineering and data management
- Ability to manage tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Act as a Data Engineering Technology Subject Matter Expert by proactively acquiring knowledge as it relates to technology changes and advancements, conduct POC's, develop prototypes and reusable frameworks.
- Act as a senior personal by coaching, mentoring Data Engineers and be the technology Expert for Data Engineering function as appropriate
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures and safety rules
- Responsibilities may change; team members may be required to perform other tasks as assigned
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.COVID-19 Testing and Face Covering Policy
Academy encourages but does not require COVID-19 vaccination. In compliance with the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard, however, Academy's COVID-19 Testing and Face Covering Policy (found HERE) requires that all Team Members submit their vaccination status. Team Members who are not fully vaccinated must wear a face covering while on Academy's premises and submit regular COVID-19 test results at their own expense. Team Members are considered fully vaccinated when they provide Academy with written proof that two weeks have passed since receiving either a single-dose series COVID-19 vaccine or the second dose of a two-dose series COVID-19 vaccine.
Apply on company website