Assists in coordinating performance improvement, resource management, and quality related activities of the hospital and assures that the performance improvement and utilization management plans of the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) to meet the requirements of regulatory bodies. Also responsible for integrating both quality and cost information through data driven initiatives and for ensuring the appropriate involvement required by the various physician departments and committees. Provides leadership and supervision for operating units as assigned. Supports the department leadership to ensure the specific hospital-based service is delivered in an integrated, cost effective, high quality and comprehensive way for patients and the patient populations at the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC).
This role will be 50% Administrative and 50% Clinical practice.
- As part of the management staff, participates in strategic planning for the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) and assists, as needed, in matters related to the Medical Staff and Clinical Care Delivery Systems. Assists in representing Medical Staff interests to Management and serves in a liaison role between the two. Initiates, coordinates, or assists in ongoing Medical Staff/medical center projects and activities.
- Assists the Medical Staff organization to function effectively and to achieve its short- and long-term objectives. Coordinates and provides staffing for Medical Staff committee activities, serves as a resource, and provides appropriate leadership and guidance. Plans and implements programs as needed for and achieving Medical Staff goals. In this role, works closely with the Medical Staff President, other elected Medical Staff officers, department, and committee chairpersons. Responds to the elected Medical Staff members. Fosters and contributes to a close, mutually beneficial relationship between the Medical Staff and the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC).
- Serves as an integral member of the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) management team and works to foster positive team interaction to support the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) goals and projects.
- Provides leadership for capacity management initiatives working with all disciplines to improve patient flow in support of optimal patient care.
- Coordinates a system of patient care review through which the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) can monitor physician performance and the Credentials Committee can maintain appropriate physician privileges.
- Directs a medical center wide Performance Improvement Program to include the establishment of standards of performance, monitoring mechanisms and outcomes tracking for appropriate medical center departments and the Medical Staff and communicates relevant summary information to appropriate areas.
- Works with leadership to develop and support the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) clinical effectiveness agenda.
- Serves as a liaison between the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) and various medical directors to assure appropriate communication and System response. Provides support for the medical center Medical Management program. Guides and supports medical staff continuing education activities.
- Develops relationships with medical center and community physicians to support the Mental Health Emergency Center (MHEC) strategic initiatives. Establishes short and long-range objectives for assigned areas and implements tactical plans for their achievement in collaboration with medical staff and management personnel.
Full time; Benefits eligible; 80hours/biweekly pay period
Licenses & Certifications
Medicine and Surgery, MD-DO license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and Psychiatry board certification issued by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Doctorate Degree in Medicine.
Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 10 years of experience in medicine practicing as a physician.
Required Management Experience
Includes 5 years of management experience in overseeing medical staff, performance improvement and quality programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills. Excellent skills in problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, and diplomacy. Knowledgeable of Contemporary Practice Issues within Medicine. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, and evaluate healthcare and medical staff activities. Must be familiar with all aspects of hospital operations. Requires excellent communication skills. Knowledgeable in Information Systems and Database Management. Dynamic Knowledge of Outcomes Measurement of Clinical Quality and Utilization.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything youd expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nations top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and user-friendly international airports in the world.
Advocate Aurora Healthis committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, its important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
Apply on company website