Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
Since inventing the aluminum industry over 130 years ago, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices in the industry.
Talented people join our team because we are a company passionate about environmental sustainability, employee growth, contributing back to our communities and championing a diverse and inclusive culture.Meet the team!
The Electrical Engineering Team is looking for a dynamic problem solver to work with us in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This role is responsible for executing electrical engineering services to safely meet Warrick Operations' business plan by providing support to production, maintenance, and engineering team. This position is a critical interface in the efficiency, output, and quality of our processes and will be responsible for electrical systems safely integrated with manufacturing, along with upgrades of existing equipment. The primary focus will be PLC/HMI controls, redesign, and upgrades of existing processes.What you'll do:
- Create and develop programs that will support process improvements and new electrical systems to safely meet Warrick Operations' business plan.
- Coordinate all phases of assigned area electrical engineering projects from concept, scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations, design, manufacturing, equipment commissioning, and project closure.
- Assist production and maintenance with equipment and process issues.
- Function as a problem solver, applying theory and experience to develop process improvements and accurately identifying problems by submitting sound recommendations for long-term improvements of equipment and processes.
- Lead and participate in process improvements with multi-discipline technical staff, maintenance and production.
- Mentor employees to increase their process knowledge and support their career growth
- Work to eliminate waste through reliability enhancements and monitoring processes, ensuring they are in control and meeting expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Preferred 3 years' experience with PLC's, HMI's, AC drives & motors, low & medium power distribution, and instrumentation
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Preferred 3 years' experience in leading, managing, and executing electrical projects.
- RSLogix Experience
- Casting Experience
- High Frequency Power Supply Experience
- Network Experience: DH+, DNet, CNet, & ENet
- Combustion Experience
- Project Leading: You have experience leading successful capital projects
- Tech Savvy: You are proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Operationally focused: You have stellar organizational and root cause problem solving skills
- Demonstrated Communication skills: You can effectively communicate with all levels of employees and know why details matter
Apply on company website