About the location
Alcoa's U.S. portfolio includes Alcoa's corporate headquarters (ACC), Alcoa's Technology Center (ATC), four smelters, hydroelectric power and a calcined coke plant. Alcoa “Warrick” based in Newburgh, Indiana just outside of Evansville, IN has been present in the lives of many families in our community for over 60 years. We've grown and we've matured together. Now we are looking for our next generation of leaders to guide us into the future.You can be one of them! Join us and get ready to experience endless opportunities!
About the job
*Only for sons and daughters of active, retired and deceased Alcoans or Local 104 USW members.
The following conditions apply for the Summer Employment Program:
- Applicants must provide verification that they are a full-time undergraduate college student for the 2022-2023 school years, have completed at least one year's worth of credits, and must be 18 years of age. Hours earned will be used to determine full-time student status and not attempted hours. Also, applicants must have plans to return to college in the Fall of 2023. 2023 graduating seniors from high school are not eligible. Applicants must supply transcripts for 2022-2023 semesters and tentative schedule for fall of 2023.
- The Alcoan's son or daughter must be listed as a dependent of the active employee's insurance benefits.
- Applicant will need to supply the following: name of Local USW 104 Member, clock number of Local USW 104 Member, employee ID number of Local USW 104 Member and Local 104 USW member's last four digits of SSN.
- For the Summer Employment position, applicants must be physically able to do the entire job including physical labor.
- Applicants must pass all required pre-employment screening, which includes drug testing and a physical. All students must be available for processing in May 2023.
- Applicant must select employee referral in the source field when asked how they heard about Alcoa and provide the name of the Local USW 104 Member.
- Summer Student Employees will not pay union dues and will not be covered by the Labor Agreement.
- Summer Student Employees will not be eligible for holiday not worked pay.
- Summer Student Employees will be placed in a non-evaluated classification and will be paid at $26.61. They will not be eligible for an administrative convention. They will have no bid or transfer rights, nor will they be forced into any posted position.
- Summer Student Employees will be eligible only for whatever medical benefits they currently have as Alcoa dependents; they will not be obligated to or given any other benefits by Alcoa.
- Summer Student Employees will be employed for a maximum of seventy-five 8-hour days, or fifty 12-hour days. They must be able to work the existing schedule with no vacation or other time off. When they are released, they will have no recall/restoration/return rights.
- Summer Student Employees will start beginning June 5th, 2023 and ending on August 4, 2023.
- Summer Student Employees may perform housekeeping work in the area.
- Summer Student Employees may perform limited painting (however, no activities that require fall protection or confined space entry).
- Summer Student Employees may operate the following mobile equipment, outside of buildings, after training and qualification: light trucks and walk behind sweepers.
- Summer Student Employees will not operate the following equipment: excavators, railroad maintenance, dump trucks, and high-pressure washers.
- Summer Student Employees may pull under pot, sweep anodes, and mark bridges.
- Summer Student Employees may pull under pot, sweep anodes, mark bridges, straighten/replace side covers, tighten clamps, unhook spent anodes, moving side covers and replacing pot steps.
Apply on company website