Primary Purpose and Function
The Solutions Architect I supports the achievement of sales goals through direct pre-sales support providing high quality, innovative, cost effective technical solutions that meet or exceed our customer's needs in a professional manner.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions that map customer business requirements to security technology solutions
- Generation of technical scopes of work (SOW) and detailed design narratives for technical solutions and associated cost estimates
- Manage estimation process to include interfacing with multiple representatives of sales, management, and customer teams
- Analyze blueprints, construction drawings, and technical/functional design specifications to prepare compliant solutions
- Research emerging technologies in support of security integration solutions
- Interface with product and distribution partners to obtain systems, device, and equipment pricing during estimating process
- Support Sales Team by participating in technical discussions and meetings with customers and/or product partners
- Understanding construction divisions, as they relate to Electronics -Safety and Security for RFP responses.
- Maintain quality assurance by following organization and department standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma required; bachelor's degree in related field preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience with integrated electronic security solutions or 2 years of experience in a pre-sales support/engineering position
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure including switches, routers, IP configuration, CCNA or equivalent certification preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; capable of managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate with people via email, over the phone, and in person is required
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word)
- Ability to travel (20% - 30 %) on an as needed basis
- Utilizing a PDF editing – Creation tool such as Bluebeam for device plotting, and team collaborations.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Apply on company website