What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Director of Customer Program Management, Embedded Business UnitThe Role:
We are looking for a talented leader for our customer program management team. He / she will lead, enable, and manage the team to perform at the next-level in owning and driving the technical execution of the mission-critical top-tier customer programs.The Person:
The leader is responsible for team assignments, growing and scaling the team, as customer programs increase. This multidimensional leader will be able to operate effectively at different levels - from rolling-up-the-sleeves to tackle the problems as executive interaction - both customer and internal. This leader will interact with key engineering and management stakeholders for the strategic customers as well as AMD's business team to report progress, align on critical topics and drive action items to closure. This is a highly visible role and pivotal to the success of the business unit in achieving the ambitious-and-aggressive growth goals. Does this sound like you? Please apply!Key Responsibilities:
- People and functional management, establishing and improving processes, growing the team.
- Ensuring all the customer programs are on track, problems identified and addressed. Continuous improvement and drive toward data-driven processes.
- Addressing customer program challenges and critical issues. Ensuring internal and external executive communications and alignment.
- Inspiring and instilling the customer-success-obsession mindset on the team.
- Representing the voice of the customer in internal forums and problem specific team interactions.
- Precise data-driven executive reporting on the overall consolidated program status.
- Mentoring, guiding, and leading the team in right approach for effective and efficient problem solving.
- Effective customer resolution management and alignment with customers in difficult situations; strength to push back on unreasonable requests.
- Challenging the status-quo and becoming the change agent.
- Breadth of systems technical knowledge (x86, SoC, Platform-HW, Platform-SW, BIOS/FW, Tools) with strong experience from engineering background.
- Customer program management experience enabling several customers into production; especially top-tier customers.
- Experience in networking, storage, or automotive market segments.
- Previous work in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment and ability to travel as needed.
- Great teammate with passion and urgency to drive toward business success.
- Excellent customer and executive interpersonal skills. Fluency in European or Asian languages a plus.
- Ability to align and build consensus among parties working toward the solution.
- Bachelor's degree in EE or CS preferred; Master's degree preferred
- Austin, TX
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Requisition Number: 105121
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website