What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Director – Technology and IP Planning Lead
AMD is searching for a Director who will help to define and drive the technology and IP underpinnings of EPYC Datacenter CPU product strategy and roadmap. This person will be a key member of the Technical Planning team in the Server Product Management organization, a tightly knit team of seasoned and high-output professionals who collectively drive AMD's Datacenter CPU product strategy. The success of the Product Management team is built on ownership and delivery of results for the rapidly growing server business. The team operates in deep partnership with stakeholders across Si design, platform engineering, software engineering and operations.
An ideal candidate for this role will be a self-directed, results oriented individual with a deep technical background in servers and demonstrated experience in CPU/SOC architecture and IP. Equally important, the candidate should have experience in interfacing with key customers and ecosystem partners to drive roadmap alignment on key ingredient technologies and IP blocks. Additional attributes for success in our fast-paced culture include:
- Deep technical understanding and credibility to engage with technical leaders within AMD, customers and partners.
- Mastery of technology trends and transition points and their intercept with next generation server platforms.
- Ability to synthesize and blend technical leadership, customer orientation and business acumen resulting in industry leading technology and IP pipeline for EPYC server CPU roadmap.
- Executive presence and credibility needed to influence senior leadership in a matrixed environment
- Exceptional communication skills – both listening and written / verbal – to facilitate alignment with a range of internal stakeholders
- Skill in analyzing tradeoffs and making analytical, fact-based recommendations that have substantial technical, business, and financial impacts
- Ability to build relationships with strategic customers and partners to ensure that AMD enterprise products meet or exceed the evolving needs of the market
- Collaboration skills to engage a team of engineering, architecture, and business development professionals.
- Own and drive customer/market driven view of key technology ingredients and IPfor AMD EPYC roadmap
- Own technical roadmap engagements across the full gamut of IP providers and partner ecosystem
- Collect, synthesize, and align detailed technical requirements through collaboration with definition partners
- Establish a pipeline of features/functionalities that can be baked into future EPYC products
- Drive competitive assessment of server technology ingredients and impact on server solutions
- Develop and maintain strategies for new technologies and competitive leadership
- Analyze and understand unique requirements of key applications and workloads to specify and drive technology ingredient alignment with Si design and platform engineering teams
- Drive technical tradeoff analysis for feature improvement/deferral proposals
- Ten or more years in CPU/SOC architecture/design or technical planning
- Understanding of server deployment models across customer segments – including Cloud, HPC and Enterprise
- Ability to engage and influence senior business as well as technical leaders
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Requisition Number: 116021
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Business Marketing
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website