What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The focus of this role will be on providing critical embedded software development for the next generation of AMD's flagship CPU products Epyc and Ryzen. In addition this role develops and integrates front-end elements into several engineering specific applications. This position is critical to the success of AMD's Laptop and Server Product Road Maps. The role encompasses handling back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. It also entails development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the MySQL database, Apache server, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.The person:
The candidate will have proven working experience in balancing multiple priorities effectively · Is an analytical with problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Possesses excellent communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, multi-project environment using state of the art tools and technology
- Architect High level Features spanning multiple long duration Functions:
- Generation of Workloads,
- Dashboards and Back end Services to Lead shared resources across Regions, Across local Processes.
- Architect and implement Provisioning Mechanisms for Linux, Windows Servers.
- Define Operations Metrics and reports. Real time Notification and Auto Recovery as possible.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions will include MySQL, PHP, targeting local and remote hosts.
- Provide training and support to internal customers (and external to the group).
- Ability to turn customer requests (descriptions) into impactful proposals for new development.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in Linux and Windows development environments, troubleshooting, and administering
- Server and desktop embedded software development
- Experienced with Clustered Servers and rollout of services
- Experienced with Framework Based PHP Web services and tools such as Laravel
- Experience with “API FIRST” development approach
- Solid understanding of revision control systems such as Git, SVN
- Fluent in Ruby, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JQuery, ReactJS, Apache
- Familiar with Database Normalization and how to describe data element relationships.
- Experience and/or familiarity with database replication and DDBMS
- C++ and Visual Studio and Excel plugins a plus
- Familiarity in working with SW development methodology/process/tools such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, etc.
- Developing test automation software a plus
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer EngineeringLocation:
Requisition Number: 79144
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website