What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Gaming Solutions Engineer
The Product Solutions Team is uniquely positioned between the business units defining AMD's graphics products, and product testing teams. Primary team objectives include reviewing, defining, and validating the experiences that our customers have while interacting with our products, and supporting the end-to-end product lifecycle from definition through product retirement.
Our team is represented by a few folks whom we call Persona. Each Persona is responsible to represent a specific group (or archetype) of End Users. Persona that will be in the team include "Gaming Enthusiast", "Casual User", "CAD Developer", "Content Creator", etc.
This Job Posting is for a gaming-related - so your primary responsibility will be to represent the interests and helping to drive product requirements that are in the name of supporting people who game!
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that will help to enable you to do all the above things. That team includes
- People who will help direct technical strategies for testing
- A "test team" to help direct any deep-dive requirements that might come up through your guidance
- A group of talented folks who can help automate or integrate test coverage gaps that might exist
- And finally a close relationship with Hardware and Software Test Teams that you will interact with to make sure that 'all the bases are covered'
The Product Solution Team is a growing team, so similar to a start-up environment you will ‘get to do a bit of everything'. The ideal candidate should be versatile and flexible as every day work assignments may look a little bit different.
Experience building your own PCs and extreme comfort with the Windows operating system is an absolute requirement.
As Documentation and Requirements Management will be a part of the role, strong written communication, and a command of "Business English" will be essential.
- Working with Product Management (a.k.a. "the business") to define user experiences and the way that our users are expected to interact with our GPU Hardware and Software
- Testing and 'reviewing' the latest hardware and software features, and the associated user experience
- Deep-diving into the overall ecosystem of solutions that are in place to support our customers, and apply your expertise to help improve that!
- Evaluating and Reporting on Product Performance and Experience vs. expectations, and the competition
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- You get to work with the business to DEFINE and document the expectations and functionality for upcoming Graphics Products
- Hands-on with the latest and greatest hardware and software in the Computer Graphics industry
- Having the ability to drive non-specific improvements to the user-experience for AMD Graphics Products
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to participate in, and manage reviews of complex requirements
- Willingness and patience to deploy test and collect results as part of you daily routine
- Familiarity or knowledge of quality standards a bonus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or SW Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Requisition Number: 98089
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website