What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SMTS SUPPLIERS QUALITY ENGINEER - BUMP / ASSEMBLY MANUFACTURING
Join AMD's team of highly skilled professionals in integrating AMD cross functional teams on process integration related quality event/excursions of our leading-edge Game Console, high-performance computing, graphics, and data center.
Our presence in region gives this supplier quality team exposure to multiple AMD product development teams and manufacturing operation teams, in addition to our critical manufacturing partners and suppliers.
As a member of our Manufacturing Quality Engineering team, you will be a critical part of partnerships with AMD functional teams to lead bump and assembly quality improvement related process.
AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in an outstanding company like AMD - Join us!
- Direct quality interface with suppliers that provide bump and assembly service to AMD.
- Manage cross functional efforts across various assembly and critical material suppliers to identify gaps and improvement opportunities in the closure of excursion events related to integration across product manufacturing.
- Manage and ensure that bump and assembly suppliers have developed and executed manufacturing control plans to ensure compliance of product specifications.
- Implement and review critical quality metrics and drive end-to-end continuous improvement.
- Ensure SPC compliance and process stability though routine review meetings and early identify potential out of control conditions to reduce excursions.
- Train suppliers to comply AMD's quality requirements for Spec compliance agreement, excursion handling, Audit procedure, change management process and non-conforming material management process.
- Manage customer or internal quality issues related to bump and assembly suppliers, and drive supplier for Root Cause and Corrective Action/Preventive Actions
- Assess supplier quality performance through quarterly quality score card process and communicate improvement direction to suppliers.
- Identify systematic improvement opportunities and work with suppliers to establish yearly long-term improvement projects.
- Conduct yearly audits and line walks when required at suppliers' factories.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in bump and assembly field with product and process related integration engineering are strongly preferred
- Experience in setting up and managing Supplier Quality and Supplier Management processes
- Supplier Auditor/Internal Auditor certification preferred. ISO9001, IATF16949, VDA6.3 etc.
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Capable to work independently and work with other groups to provide solution
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and data programing tools such as JMP and Python
- Good power point and presentation skill is a plus
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Bachelor's or above degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
Requisition Number: 100447
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website