What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is looking for an experienced individual to take-up the exciting role of applications engineer in the growing Embedded Business Unit and work on bleeding-edge technology. You will be responsible for scoping, hands-on debugging and resolving multi-disciplinary customer issues across different market segments and products. You will work closely with software development teams to understand the software design, architecture, use-cases and implementation and then enable the customers in applications of this software into their differentiated innovative products. You will also help in development of critical customer features, authoring and presenting application notes and technical training for AMD field and customer teams.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on coding/debugging and resolution of customer issues, analysis and enablement of customer use-cases and feeding back the patches/fixes to the mainline SW.
- Bring-up customer boards with Linux kernel and device drivers working as reference boards.
- Serve as consultant to FAE, customers and partners as the subject matter expert in the area of Linux system software, kernel and high-speed IO drivers.
- Achieve maximum platform/silicon entitlement in customer products through power and performance, driver optimization.
- Author applications notes and present training sessions to enable field teams, customers and partners.
- Prepare and deploy packages of different Linux distros integrating different components.
- Maintain domain expertise on new technologies by working closely with software/technology development teams on specific projects and participating in trainings, boot-camps etc.
- Engineering degree in CS/EE with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Appropriate experience in embedded software development in Linux working on user and kernel mode device drivers, bootloaders, kernel configuration and tuning, power and performance management etc.
- Appropriate work experience in high-speed IO driver development and debugging like PCIe, USB, SATA and other IO protocols like I2C, SPI etc.
- Well versed in open-source management, generation and up streaming patches, different Linux kernels and distros, Linux runtime and build infrastructure.
- Hands-on knowledge of embedded software debugging techniques both from the hardware and software/OS perspective.
- Good knowledge of CPU system architecture and HW platforms based on x86 or ARM processors.
- Strong exposure to Storage and Networking solutions
- Experience working with the packet processing, DPDK, IPSec and vSwitch/vRouter
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving/debugging skills with a go-getter attitude.
- Agile and adaptable to changing customer requirements with ability to scope the work and drive closure.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment and ability to travel as needed
- Experience in customer facing role (application engineering) will be a big plus.
- Team player with passion and hunger to do whatever it takes for business success
- Excellent communication and evangelizing skills with an entrepreneurial spirit to produce results.
- Experience in BIOS, UEFI standard, real-time Linux will be an additional advantage.
Requisition Number: 116844
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Product Engineering
Apply on company website