WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
We are seeking an individual interested in creating hardware validation platforms and debugging complex issues involving both hardware and software.
Our team develops hardware systems for pre-silicon and silicon validation of our advanced FPGA and ACAP families. We use both commercial emulation systems and FPGA-based platforms for prototyping. On silicon, we develop boards to functionally validate the latest silicon features.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, methodical, and enjoys trouble-shooting / problem-solving. The individual proactively seeks to address challenges across the team and project. The person has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop pre-silicon hardware model using commercial / custom prototyping or emulation platforms
- Collaborate with design and verification teams to debug issues found on both prototyping / emulation platforms and final silicon.
- Improve internal processes and innovate in the area of hardware prototyping and emulation.
- Have worked with the leading emulation and prototyping vendors (Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor) to debug issues and deploy new capabilities
- Experience with Emulation of full-SoC design with embedded processors such as ARM Cortex A53, A72
- Experience building, running and debugging SoC system failures on emulation platforms (Zebu, Palladium or Veloce)
- Broad software debug experience with C/C++ and knowledge of low-level assembly programming languages
- Fluent in System Verilog and a familiarity with VHDL hardware design languages, simulation and debug
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Experience with scripting languages including Perl, Python, Unix shells and Makefiles
- Experience with Synopsys Design Constraints (SDC)
- Experience developing system or IP prototypes using FPGAs
- Experience using FPGA synthesis tools, including Synopsys Synplify
- Experience using Xilinx Ultrascale FPGAs, Vivado, and Vivado Debug
- Knowledge of high-speed interfaces including QSFP, PCIe, USB, SATA, GB Ethernet, DDR3/4/5, LPDDR3/4, HBM
- Knowledge of devices including SPI, IIC, SD, NAND, QSPI
- Experience with FPGA-based validation designs based on embedded processors such as ARM Cortex A72 and other hard IP within Xilinx FPGAs and ACAPs
- BS, MS or PhD (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related equivalent)
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE (Please do not apply unless you have):
BS + 5 (or more) years of experience*, or MS + 3 (or more) years of experience, or PhD + 1 year of experience
* Experience is defined as post college and does not include internships
Expected to range from $140,880 to $211,320, commensurate with experience and specific skill sets
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website