What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Physical Design Engineer
Team who procides RTL / PD / Designflow / platform improvement and tuning to achieve PPA targets for the leading graphics product in AMD.
- Responsible for leading the pre-silicon SOC level design.
- Responsible for Front-End chip implementation including design integration, synthesis and execution flows that starts with RTL coding and ends with the delivery of a netlist package ready for physical design.
- Responsible for synthesis, timing and logical equivalency checks, floorplanning, Physical design, clock methodology and timing closure.
- Work in collaboration with Physical Design Engineers in chip level planning and integrations.
- Experience in complex ASIC Design.
- Direct experience in SOC or Graphics/Video is plus.
- Have in depth knowledge of entire design process from Design specification, defining architecture, micro-architecture, RTL design and functional verification, synthesis, Physical Design, Timing closure, Tape-out, and post-Si debug.
- Have hands-on experience in Chiplevel Design/Integration activities.
- Physical Design experiance required.
- Perform Synthesis and netlisting tasks such as SDC Development, Scan Insertion, ECO implementation, Formal Verification, etc.
- Some exposure to DFT is a strong plus.
- Work with Physical Design team on Floor Plan, budgeting, timing closure, Signal Integrity, ECO flows, Power analysis, IO PAD placement, etc.
- Should have expertise in: Cadence RTL Compiler, Design Compiler, PrimeTime, ICC2. Good knowledge of datapath compilers is required.
- Should have proficiency in flow development and scripting.
- Expertise in Perl and Tcl is a must.
- Should be able to work closely with RTL Designers and Backend Physical Design teams across multiple sites.
- Must have good communication & Analytical thinking skills.
- Masters in CS/EE with relevant course work and project background with 7+ years of experience, or Bachelors with 10+ years of experience
Requisition Number: 78450
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website