What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Direct ownership for driving AMD's test strategies, planning and execution of our Client Compute Products, which are used by major OEM and compute solution customers in the world. You also get to interact with the senior leadership team, play a role in defining our products, and ensure that we verify using real world use cases and the latest approaches in semiconductor validation. Directly interact with the System & ASIC Architects and Designers as you leverage your knowledge and help us grow our Systems Engineering capabilities.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Technical Leader to serve as the Client Platform Engineering End to End ASIC-System Validation Architect. Person will be responsible for assessing the current end to end Client Platform validation flow along with recent lessons learned to drive enhancements to the overall hardware validation process. The Validation Leader will work across the HW System Engineering Validation team and other relevant technical leaders (System Architects, IP, SOC, FW, SW) to review features and customer use cases to make needed adjustments to raise quality and minimize test escapes. The Senior Systems Engineering Technical Leader will also be responsible for driving process improvements, working with stakeholders. Key focus areas include product delivery for Client Notebook, Desktop & workstation solutions. Ideal candidate MUST possess complex ASIC core & Post-Silicon/Validation experience; Customer engagement experience with OEM/ODM for Client Products a plus. Candidate should have proven experience in driving change to test/validation processes that raises quality bar while maintaining competitive cycle time. Requires experience with ASIC characterization, platform level verification, system stress and emulation/simulation.
- Own overall Client Validation test methodology
- Serve as HW System Engineering end-to-end Client Validation Architect
- Interface with key technical leads, architects and functional teams to gain insight into existing methodology and drive future changes
- Partner with and coach key functional leads on validation strategies and methodology changes/enhancements
- Target future Client notebook/desktop/workstation product as key intercept point of methodology change
- Build and grow relationships with key Client Platform Engineering technical leaders/architects
- Elevate test effectiveness and reduce escapes to customer developments
- ASIC post-silicon validation experience
- ASIC centric testing within platform/system experience
- Experience doing complex ASIC bring-up and validation
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated success in working across geographies and cross functional teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven skills in driving organizational change and/or process improvement
- SOC ASIC verification a plus
- Customer engagement experience with OEM/ODM for Client Products a plus
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science
- 15+ years of work experience
- Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 79127
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website