What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD's Packaging Engineering team is looking for an experienced IC Packaging Engineer who will help solve complex technical challenges to deliver robust, reliable, cost-effective package & drive assembly solutions aligned with the end-product requirements. AMD is bolder than ever, focused and energized - you can make a career move that matters! Help turn "possibility" into "reality" every day!The Person
Drive packaging, product risk assessment, mitigation plans, and establish best-known processes methodologies to ensure robust package quality, reliability, and manufacturing yield.
Perform risk assessments, create program schedules, and own successful project executions within target landmark schedules/customer commitments.Key Responsibilities
- Extensively understand the package development flow and work fluently with NPI program management and manufacturing/process team to create and materialize a cohesive package introduction plan.
- Interface and negotiate effectively across engineering teams to balance performance needs and schedule commitment
- Hands on experience and Strong knowledge in NPI and high-volume IC packaging, SIP Module packaging, single die packaging and heterogeneous package integration, familiarity with different assembly technologies and related characterization.
- Create, conduct, and analyze Design of Experiments (DOE) for development and sustaining activities.
- Responsible for package and product risk assessment, mitigation plans, and establishing best known processes methodology to ensure robust package quality, reliability, cost, and manufacturability.
- Coordinate with suppliers, process engineers and contract manufacturers to define the process flow and ensure manufacturability.
- Solve technical issues on package reliability, materials and assembly process.
- Support initial package design & development activities to enable new test vehicles, package layer stackup selection and ensure critical package level performance.
- Represent packaging team in all relevant forums to ensure on time flawless NPI.
- Deep experience in electronic packaging development in related environments - SiP, MCM, flipchip BGA, CSP packaging, etc.
- Experience working with tier 1 substrate and assembly suppliers for process engineering and package development.
- Hands-on experience with SOC packaging design, assembly and reliability analysis.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, APD, SiP and CAM350.
- Ability to work independently and tackle projects with minimum supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics required and relevant experience within technical discipline.
- MS or PhD preferred.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 94881
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Package Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website