What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a senior data engineer to support our global delivery of world-class products. AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology!
The ideal candidate will have professional experience developing and deploying big data solutions with a strong desire to learn new technologies and to help build better tools in a team environment.
- Application and feature development
- Solution development with a production end-state in mind
- Review code and provide peer feedback relative to standard methodologies
- Work closely with architects to deliver appropriate technical solutions
- Interact professionally with business partners and key contacts
- Participant in Agile backlog grooming, story creation, and sizing.
- Own new features from design to production release
- Work with product management and operations in an Agile environment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow a high-performance production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- BS or MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of work experience
- Experience with Scala & Java (Python advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments
- Analytical problem solver passionate about delivering high-quality solutions
- Experience with Git best practices
- Experience with Agile software development principles
- Knowledge in data engineering and big data
- Experience in cloud deployments (Azure/AWS)
- Familiarity with JIRA issue management system and development workflows
- Practical experience in the entire software lifecycle - Gathering requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Maintenance
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 121441
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Product Engineering
Apply on company website