What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Engineering Project Manager
This is a Program Manager role in the CPU/GPU Product Engineering Team. Responsibilities will include defining and managing key product deliverables/schedules and driving cross functional activities. The applicant will be responsible for pre-silicon planning and once silicon arrives, will drive customer samples execution and high volume manufacturing readiness. Managing horizontally across several functional organizations is a key job function. The role will require working hand-in-hand with our Asia Engineering and Operations counterparts, extensive interactions within the Product Engineering organization, and interacting with several other internal organizations (Design, Supply Chain, Business and Customer Engineering). The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
Will be an experienced Product Development Engineer and is encourages their team to find effective solutions to complex problems and drive continuous improvement.
- Technical leader and innovator who is able to work with geographically distributed product engineering teams
- Wants to Own Something that Matters: Definitive leadership for A product critical to the success of AMD's future. It is high visibility and requires someone who will lead and deliver.
- Loves a Challenge: those who thrive in complex projects and are passionate about taking on new challenges and are capable influencing others across subject areas, both technical and operational, to overcome any obstacle.
- Determination: This is a fast-paced role that requires action, constant communication, and constant drive for improvement.
- Communication: Must have excellent communication expertise with diverse audiences ranging from executives to new hires.
- Learns Fast: Demonstrates the ability and desire aspiration to learn quickly and to proficiently absorb new information.
- Adaptable: This role requires an ability to adjust to factors on the ground, guiding your team to deliver solutions while navigating real-time changes to business or customer requirements.
- Leadership: Proficiency in leading teams of both direct and indirect reports to get results.
- Communicate product life cycle status to management or executive staff
- Performs management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Define and lead key product deliverables/schedules and driving multi-functional activities
- Drives pre-silicon planning
- Guides customer samples execution and high-volume manufacturing readiness, once silicon arrives
- Interacts with several other internal organizations (Design, Supply Chain, Business and Customer Engineering)
- Develops and maintain effective working relationship with other departments
- Collaborates on or assumes responsibility for a specific project, or a definable portion of a larger project or process
- Experience with taking ASIC's, GPU's or CPU's
- Proven success in semiconductor product development coordinating across multiple functions in US and APAC Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering…)
- Technical project and product management experience
- Microsoft standard apps (i.e. Office), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems to handle schedule, budget and provide status updates
- Experience presenting to Director level management internally
- Background in Solid State Physics, Computer Architecture, Digital or Analog Design
- Debug experience in hardware, software, device, and/or manufacturing domains.
- Courses or certifications in project management (PMI, LSS, AGILE, ISO 9000)
- Experience in XP, AGILE, Scrum, or Kanban
B.S. or M.S. Engineering Degree or related experience.
Requisition Number: 104023
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website