What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is seeking an innovative Mask Layout Designer. This is a highly visible position for a valued member of the Mask Design Team in collaboration with the circuit team for efficient planning and construction of the design. This is an opportunity to work with outstanding people on extraordinary technology that impacts the entire portfolio of products.The Candidate:
Should be an experienced Mask Layout Designer with strong innovative, and collaborative skills. Must be a phenomenal teammate, willing to help others, and willing to accept any challenge. Must be quality and schedule focused. Must be willing to give the Next 5%!Key Responsibilities:
- Complete sophisticated design of SRAM digital circuit. Analog/Mix Signal design a plus.
- Finish the verification and vital checking required from beginning through tape-out using vendor specific, and/or in-house tools.
- Collaborate with other designers, both layout and circuit, to ensure timely quality specific designs that help maintain the continued success of AMD roadmap.
- Optimally verified designs against a host of groundbreaking physical and electrical checks and guidelines.
- Hands on mask designer on various sophisticated macros and tiles to be integrated at SOC level.
- Experience with DRC/LVS debug, able to mentor design team in technology bring up.
- Good understanding of all process nodes currently used in the industry.
- Ability to work closely with the teams, both in the US and overseas, and contribute to all stages of the design flow.
- Desire to work to improve existing tools utilized by the mask design community.
- Understanding of scripting languages (i.e. Skill, Perl, TCL, Python) a plus.
Associates degree in Engineering with proven experience working on sophisticated mask designs. Electrical Engineering degree a plus.Location: Boxborough, MA
Requisition Number: 104161
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website