What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Design Engineer – Automation Infrastructure
Our growing team plays a major role in architecting and shaping every GPU offered by AMD.
As part of the Datacenter GPU/AP Infrastructure team, you will be involved in designing and enhancing automation infrastructure used to validate data center GPU/CPU hardware and software. Your work will enable the infrastructure to scale up and hence allow to queue up tasks and test cases again 100's of test systems.
- Strong software developer with a background in hardware bring up, test or debug
- Experienced with controlling large clusters of test systems or software development leveraging many nodes
- Self-driven enjoys new challenges, and quickly adapts to change in a fast-moving environment
- Interested in improving processes and solutions by challenging the status quo
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Design, develop and support in-house automation and infrastructure solutions that can scale across nodes and users
- Engage multi-disciplinary stakeholders for requirement gathering and issue resolving
- Develop a deep understanding of upcoming AMD SOCs, IPs, tools, and programming libraries to create relevant and cohesive solutions
- Experience with developing scalable solutions such as cluster management or test management tools such as Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.
- Proven track record of developing Python and other object-oriented based solutions in a team environment
- Familiar with test frameworks and test management
- Power-user of Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, containers, etc.
- Experienced with creating modular and maintainable code adhering to best practices
- Software and hardware test + debug experience
- Experience with other languages, web development, REST and databases is an asset
- Experience in cross-OS development in Linux and Windows environment preferred
- Familiar with source controls systems like GitHub, Perforce and SVN
- Bachelor or master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or an equivalent preferred
Austin, Texas or Markham, Ontario
Requisition Number: 94689
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website