Employer: DRM Inc.
To effectively lead managers toward the attainment of agree-upon Company goals and profits, while working within the framework of our corporate philosophy, Purpose, Mission Statement, Vision, Action, policies and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and review DRM Reports, Company P & Ls by store/district, and District E.V.A.Ls and AOP reports. Identify red flags and take appropriate action to maintain company standards in attaining a favorable variance. Perform an unannounced inventory audit at one unit each period.
- Develop, monitor and report on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management staff of red flags in areas of labor & cost over run, cash shortages, high voids, scheduling deficiencies, and sales / transaction decreases. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to the same. Ensure all equipment is maintained in excellent condition and all units are properly staffed.
- Evaluate and monitor General Manager and Assistant Manager weekly schedules. Formulate and implement communication sessions on a regular basis to discuss strategic planning, forecasts, budgets, goals & objectives, action plans, and follow-up tactics.
- Supervise in accordance with established performance and operating policies as set out in the DRM Policy Manual and the OSM.
- Set an example by maintaining and excellent working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in the performance of all phases of Unit/District Operations.
- Perform E.V.A.L reports on each Unit. Have action plans followed up to improve operational status of each unit.
- Provide leadership by engendering excitement, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a commitment to "Excellence."
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with the Director of Human Resource as appropriate.
- Be prepared to assume the role of General Manager or Assistant Manager upon a necessary termination and not being properly developed within the Region to fill the position with a qualified, promotable person.
- Work with and motivate General Managers and Assistant Managers to perform up to their highest possible level of ability. Review individual performance with each District Manger, participate in manager evaluations each year, and review with the Director of Operations.
- Monitor the development of management skills for all management personnel in order to continue company growth and manager promotions. Evaluate and participate in training programs. Recommend managers for promotions. Review, evaluate and make recommendations for DRM's Succession Planning / Leadership Development Program.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, associates and others about plans, progress and problems. Ensure documentation is performed consistently. Master personal skills in knowing and leading people.
- Continually develop personal skills in order to provide a higher level of leadership for the business and all personnel.
- Responsible for increasing sales & profits consistent with company goals.
- Recommend and implement local store marketing with the Director of Marketing.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of human resource laws and regulations and employee relations skills.
- Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be innovative, thorough and objective, but also able to take risks, be assertive/take initiative, and make decisions. He/she will be an excellent listener, motivator/coach, and team builder. Verbal communication and formal presentation skills are critical.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and gain alignment thru creating a vision and relationships versus positional authority. Leader in thought as well as in follow-through - creative and strategic, but also able to influence others inside and outside the organization and focus on results. Sets an example of performance and integrity and rallies the organization into a closely aligned team.
- Results-orientation - Strong decisive; able to make, communicate, and take accountability for timely decisions related to business direction issues.
- DRM Software - Familiar with Word, Excel, Power Point, Remacs or (current back office system) Current Register System, Solomon, Crystal Reports, DRM Intranet and MyArbys.com.
- Travel = 30%
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED,
- Bachelors in Business Administration or related field, or education equivalent in retail/restaurant industry,
- 4 - 6 years experience should include roles such as a General Manager or District Manager,
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, used hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website