DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
Chief Compliance Officer
1789 West Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that assist Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
Why Should You Apply?
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision
- 10 holidays per year
- Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
- Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
Please contact us at (602) 542-3805 to start your career today or apply through azstatejob.gov. You may also call this number if you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position.
The Department of Economic Security (DES), Office of the Director (OOD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Chief Compliance Officer. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare area or other applicable area; a Master's Degree in health related field is highly preferred along with 5 years' compliance experience demonstrating progressive leadership oversight responsibility within the healthcare industry. .
The Chief Compliance Officer is primarily responsible for overseeing compliance within the organization, and ensuring compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, identifying and documenting regulatory risks and assisting the division in developing controls; responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations; works collaboratively with leadership management and makes recommendations based on ongoing audit results and requirement deficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Federal and constitutional law and national business practices around serving individuals with developmental disabilities and Aging Adults and Protective Services (APS).
- Managed care concepts within public sector health delivery systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare administration, operations, financial management, strategic planning, provider relations, patient care, quality assessment and improvement.
- In depth knowledge of State and Federal regulations relating to health care and APS.
- Performance improvement methodology, such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including ability to propose options and recommend courses of action.
- Analyzing a variety of data to identify problems and make determinations regarding concepts and practices in the administration of health care delivery systems.
- Partner and collaborate effectively with others in managing complex issues.
- Develop policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
Licenses and Certifications:
- In-state travel may be required. This position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- In accordance with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System contract as defined in 42 CFR 455,104, SMDL #09-001) a search for the incumbent will be conducted monthly using the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare area or other applicable area along with 5 years' compliance experience demonstrating progressive leadership oversight responsibility within the healthcare industry.
- Master's Degree in health-related field preferred.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency's ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Ÿ Under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI and VII), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008; the Department prohibits discrimination in admissions, programs, services, activities, or employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and retaliation. To request this document in alternative format or for further information about this policy, contact your local office; TTY/TDD Services: 7-1-1. ŸFree language assistance for DES services is available upon request.
Apply on company website