Job SummaryPerforms and reports laboratory testing and functions supportive to the laboratory as directed by the department leader.
- Utilizes laboratory and/or hospital computer systems to record receipt of accession and process specimens.
- Stocks and unpacks supplies received in department.
- Identifies all specimens using two (2) patient identifiers according to policy.
- Directs the distribution of specimens to other laboratory sections as needed.
- Reports any problems which may adversely affect the teammates ability to perform duties or might adversely affect the operation of the laboratory to the department leader.
- Consults with leader or in the absence of the leader, a registered medical technologist, if unsure of any technical detail or procedure.
- Answers phone and paging devices as well as shares lab results via phone.
- Uses pneumatic tube according to policies and procedures.
- Disposes and maintains specimens according to laboratory policy.
Works in a busy environment with physicians, technologists, and other hospital teammates. Works in an area which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Each teammate has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
High School Diploma or GED required. Medical Terminology required. Two years of applicable laboratory experience required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website