Sanger Heart & Vascular InstitutesCVT Surgery Programis seeking aFull time NPto work at our Concord location. This provider will provide a wide range of surgical and medical services, which may include autotransfusion services, vein harvesting, assisting with cardiac programs and/or thoracic programs, etc. The successful candidate must possess knowledge of the procedures performed by CVT surgeons, demonstrates independent competency in endoscopic vessel harvesting (EVH), and must be able to provide 1st and 2nd assisting as needed. This Nurse Practitioner (NP) will be part of a growing team of specialized CVT Surgery Physicians and NPs.
5+ years of direct Cardiothoracic surgery experience highly preferred for this role.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments.
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
- Performs a wide range of surgical and/or medical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Determines treatment plan for patient.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
- Performs clinic duties one day a week with assigned physician.
- Performs Endoscopic Vein Harvest Proficiently.
- Provides weeknight Call on a Q3 or Q4 rotation; weekend Call responsibilities on a Q3 or Q4 rotation.
Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of North and South Carolina. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in North and South Carolina. Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP certification preferred based on population served. Acute care trained and certifiedSanger Heart & Vascular Institute's CVT Surgery Program is seeking a Full time NP to work at our Concord locat...
Apply on company website