*High pressure boiler operator's licenses required*
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Provides day-to-day repair and preventative maintenance services on hospital/Physician Building equipment and infrastructure. Provides services regarding the maintenance, planned interruption and long-term replacement of mechanical services. Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs maintenance on all types of general mechanical, HVAC services, infrastructure, equipment/components and medical gas systems/components. Provides support and assistance, as appropriate and trains other skilled trade personnel engaged in maintenance activities as defined by previous experience, expertise and education.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prompt and regular attendance at assigned facility/area of assignment.
- Provides Shift-level support for assistance with staffing, equipment failures and all other issues associated with the Maintenance Department or equipment
- Applies a problem-solving approach of preventive maintenance, diagnostic troubleshooting, and evaluation of systems. Installs sensor, actuator components, pneumatic, electric devices, and assigns those points back into the database. Installs conduit, pulls wire, and connects electrical equipment and components. Installs plumbing supply and drain lines using variety of techniques including welding, soldering and gluing.
- Evaluates, procures, and monitors physical plant needs. Communicates with contractors and vendors to maintain system integrity. Orders supplies and maintains inventory on stock items.
- Writes work orders and documents completed work orders in the preventative maintenance system.
- Promotes safe work environment.
- Applies certified techniques in the handling of tools.
- Provides support, as appropriate, and trains other skilled trade personnel engaged in maintenance and dialysis activities. Enhances skills through cross training with other skilled tradesmen. Trains associates on all aspects of mechanical, infrastructure, dialysis, equipment/components and medical gas systems/components.
- Participates in ongoing evaluation to ensure quality, cost effective systems and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with less than 4 points
- 2-year mechanical trade school.
- 4 years mechanical trade / maintenance experience in a large institution, commercial facility, or service company.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload, and effectively resolve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with health care professionals, engineers, contractors, and staff.
- Ability to analyze data, diagnose and troubleshoot complex systems and equipment.
- Ability to effectively interact with patient/customers (i.e., children, adolescents, young adult, middle-aged adults, as applicable) with the understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the customer service policy.
- Population Specific Competency: ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Must have general understanding of basic computer skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- Varied locations and hours as required by the job (generally scheduled for 8-hour shifts). Will be scheduled every other weekend at a minimum.
- May be assigned to work on-call
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
- See physical demands addendum
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
- Category II
Apply on company website