PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of the job position of Customer Service Representative is to provide a customer friendly service environment while demonstrating a strong working knowledge of the products and services specific to the DMEPOS environment.
REPSONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Delivers accurate, courteous and prompt service in a highly professional manner.
- Communicates with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for delivery, pick-up, discontinuance, maintenance and / or change of service.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability necessary to recognize and provide age specific education to customers of various ages.
- Accurately completes required forms/order, determines coverage for services requested and charges
- Acquires the necessary information during the intake process to assure a smooth transition to sales, delivery and billing.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge base in benefit coverage for insurance products. Collects appropriate co-pays/payments and documents information in system.
- Maintains professional working standards at all times. Demonstrates ongoing knowledge base pertaining to DMEPOS equipment and service.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Government, State (Medicare/Medicaid) and commercial insurance regulations, requirements and reimbursement.
- Works collaboratively with team members supporting a cooperative and productive work environment.
- Knowledge of electronic software programs. Accurately processes new and ongoing orders accurately. Demonstrates compliance with documentation mandates and standards.
- Professionally discusses complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaint or service failures to the designated entity for resolution. Responds appropriately to customer questions and concerns
- Maintains open communication and confidentiality with customers, peers and referral sources.
- Demonstrates proficiency and productivity in a fast-paced environment with unscheduled interruptions while maintaining acceptable judgement and responsibility for decisions, consequences and outcomes.
- Demonstrates good organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Participates in traditional and e-learning opportunities.
- Participates in performance improvements activities.
- Participates in traditional and e-learning
- Maintains a high level of product knowledge on all DMEPOS products
- Responsible for completing documentation relevant to individual situation; thoroughly and accurately
- All mandatory documentation required in CPR+ is completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining an organized, customer-friendly working environment
- Follows infection control protocols and universal precautions
- Utilizes proper safety protocols
- Maintains client confidentiality
- High level of knowledge of DMEPOS products and services
- Prior customer services / industry experience preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Work effectively within a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
All qualified applicants with receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Works 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday
Expected to adhere to hospital policies and procedures
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
O=Occasionally = 33% of the work shift or 0-32 repetitions
F=Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions
C=Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions
N=Not essential job requirement
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Apply on company website