PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose is to provide clinical support to the physician, provide patient and family education, and work cooperatively with the remainder of the office structure within the context of the Nurse Practice Act of Ohio.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Performs phone triage and has direct patient contact to ensure timeliness of return calls to patients and/or family
- Checks physician schedules frequently for any add-ons or updates.
- Inspects patient's medical record prior to visit to insure completeness as well as making sure the results of tests are available.
- Rooms patients in a timely fashion making sure to identify patient and compare with chart. Obtains vital signs, height, weight, and current accurate list of medications and all pertinent information needed for the physician to assess the patient.
- Performs EKG according to policy and protocol.
- Refills prescriptions according to policy and protocol.
- Correctly make arrangements for various tests to be done. This includes scheduling hospital procedures and out-patient tests. This includes precertification, authorizations, physician orders, communicating with the patient, and putting on physician schedule if appropriate.
- Accurately completes medical forms and correctly completes and routes billing information to appropriate staff. (Example disability forms etc..)
- Copies and releases medical records according to office procedures.
- Documents properly and legally in patient's chart.
- Correctly educates patient for all testing and medications that are ordered.
- Returns phone calls to patients by the end of the business day.
- Notifies physician immediately of abnormal lab results.
- Restocks and cleans exam rooms after use according to protocol.
- Uses the EHR to accurately document and inform physicians of patient interactions.
- Any other duties as assigned my Practice Manager
- Graduate of an approved nursing school of nursing.
- Current LPN license
- Must have current up-to-date CPR training.
- Must adhere to office policy of yearly TB testing, OSHA and HIPAA training.
- Evidence of good health as evidence of infrequent absenteeism.
- Ability to meet and interact with the public in a mature, courteous and professional manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under conditions of high stress.
- Must be able to work as a team and independently.
- Positive, friendly, and compassionate.
- Must poses the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Normally works 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday with a lunch break daily. Lunch breaks are coordinated with other staff members for adequate coverage.
- May require paid overtime before or after normal working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions during performance of duties.
- Expected to adhere to office policy and procedures.
- Subject to blood and body fluid exposure.
Apply on company website