PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose is to provide clinical support to the physician or advanced practice nurse, provide patient and family education, and work cooperatively with the remainder of the office structure
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Check the physician and/or APN schedules frequently for any add-ons or updates.
- Review the patient's medical record prior to visit to verify completeness, including having test results available.
- Room patients in a timely fashion making sure to identify patient and compare date of birth with chart. Obtain vital signs, height, weight, and accurate list of current medications and all pertinent information needed for the physician to assess the patient.
- May perform EKGs, lab testing, injections and venipuncture under the supervision of Physician and/APN according to office policy.
- Refill prescriptions according to office policy.
- Accurately arrange for various hospital procedures and tests to be scheduled. This includes precertification, authorizations, physician orders, communicating with the patient, and adding to the physician's schedule if indicated.
- Accurately complete medical forms, process and route billing information to appropriate staff. (Example disability forms etc.)
- Copy and release medical records according to office procedures.
- Documentation in the medical record shall be accurate, timely and complete.
- Provides education to the patient and/or family for all testing and medications that are ordered.
- Return phone calls to patients by the end of the business day.
- Notify physician immediately of any abnormal lab or testing results.
- Restock and clean exam rooms after use according to protocol.
- Uses the EHR to accurately document and inform physicians of patient interactions and may also be required to scribe.
- Comply with all office policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information obtained while performing duties.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assisting Program.
- Currently a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- Must have current up-to-date CPR training.
- Completion of all annual requirements including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA, Safety and Employee Health service standards.
- Prompt and regular attendance with infrequent absenteeism and tardiness.
- Ability to meet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under conditions of high stress with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work as a team and independently.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, and compassionate attitude.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Normally Monday through Fridays required by patient volume with a lunch break daily. Lunch breaks are coordinated with other staff members for adequate coverage.
- May be subject to occasional overtime before or after normal working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Subject to frequent moving/standing/sitting during working hours.
- Subject to blood and body fluid exposure
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Apply on company website