PURPOSE OF POSITION
To define the clinical and non-clinical responsibilities of the Staff Perfusionist.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Assist in developing policies, protocols, procedures, and guidelines for staff and student perfusionists.
- Assist in data collection.
- Assist in monitoring and conduction the Quality Assurance Program for Perfusion Services.
- In the absence of the Chief Perfusionist you may supervise the daily clinical activities and assignments of the Perfusion department
- Perform perfusion duties for scheduled and emergent cardiopulmonary bypass for adult open-heart cases.
- Perform cell saving and auto transfusion.
- Perform perfusion duties for Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), emergency Cardiopulmonary Support (CPS) and Ventricular Assist Devices for cardiac and /or respiratory failure.
- Perform initial set-up as needed and provide trouble shooting services for IntraAortic Balloon Pumping.
- Monitor coagulation and anticoagulation tests during and shortly after cardiac surgical cases, Ventricular assists, ECMO and CPS.
- Monitors chemistry, hematological, blood gas and other necessary laboratory test results during CPB and as necessary post CPB.
- Assists with the application of hemodynamic monitoring equipment, including arterial and Swan-Gantz lines.
- Provides education to all staff as needed
- Maintains appropriate inventory of all perfusion disposables.
- Ensures preventative maintenance of capital equipment is performed according to policy.
- Maintains perfusion equipment in a state of readiness and cleanliness.
- Ensures necessary disposables for Perfusion Services usage are available on Perfusion Supply Cart.
- Maintain adequate response time and coverage when on call as per Perfusion Services Policy 5-B1.
- Adheres to the Policies, Protocols, Procedures and guidelines of the Perfusion Services Department.
- Maintains professional communication skills with physicians, nurses and technicians.
- Establish basic protocols with the operating surgeons.
- Works with other perusionists to provide continuity of care.
- Graduate of accredited Perfusion School.
- Perfusion Certification
- Prior experience preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- This is a salaried position.
- Varied working hours
- On call off shifts, weekends and holidays
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
Performing patient care responsibilities as required
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Apply on company website