The Medical Social Worker is responsible for (1) providing social case work and social histories to ill patients in their homes who receive nursing or other services from the agency and who have problems in social functioning as it relates to their health and wellbeing; (2) recording clinical and progress notes; and (3) coordinating other patient care activities/services to provide the highest quality of care in the geographic service are to which he/she is assigned. He/she works under the direct supervision of the designated supervisor.
NOW HIRING A PRN MSW
- Graduation from an approved school of Social Work with a Masters Degree accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Registered to practice as a medical social worker in state of practice.
- A minimum of one year of social work experience in a health care setting is required.
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
While performing responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, sit and use hands. Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, lift 15-20 pounds, climb, and kneel. Close vision is also required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, external vehicle fumes, major temperature changes, and various odors. Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Reports observations of the patients condition to the designated supervisor.
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a seat belt when business travel is required.
- Assists the client and his/her family to utilize existing resources in the home environment or refers client and family to community agencies and acts as an intermediary for the client as necessary based on needs identified by client/caregiver/social worker or other involved health care professional.
- Assesses, when appropriate, a familys financial situation, taking into consideration the clients prognosis and medical needs and facilitating the referral process to any agency for financial assistance.
- Complies with ethical and professional standards of conduct as set forth by the National Association of Social Workers.
- Completes daily report sheets and any required paperwork in a timely fashion to ensure continuity of patient care and agency operating schedules.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Participates in the HHAs QAPI program.
- Maintains consistent attendance.
- Submits all credentials in a timely manner.
- Performs all responsibilities in a professional manner that follows all MHHC rules of conduct.
Job Type: Part-time
Essential Job Functions
Provide social work assessment and services as prescribed by the physician.
Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
Provide a written evaluation defining social work service needs, goals, and expected outcomes in conjunction with Plan of Treatment of referring physician.
Participate in the development of overall Plan of Care.
Assist physician(s) and interdisciplinary team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to patient health problems, family response, and care at home.
Maintain patient confidentiality.
Demonstrate an understanding of patient's medical status and updates self on patient/family status as needed or requested.
Maintain effective communication between staff, health care team members, and family.
Assist patients/families in utilizing community resources that will promote optimum financial and emotional support.
Provide physician(s) and Aveanna with written updates on patient/family needs, progress, goals as requested by physician/health care team.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must maintain company and employee confidentiality at all times
Must maintain professional boundaries at all times
Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
Attention to detail
Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
Excellent organization and communication skills
Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
Frequent lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 25 pounds
Occasional lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 50 pounds
Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
Must be able to sit and climb stairs
Must have visual and hearing acuity
Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on company website