SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Food Service Worker
Food and Nutrition Services Department
PRN, Shifts Vary, .001 FTE
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Food Service Worker is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food service. These tasks include, but not limited to; tray assembly, portioning of food; preparation of snacks, tube feedings, and supplements; delivery of floor stock and special items to the units; delivery of patient meal trays into patients rooms. Ensures that all tasks are completed safely, and in strict adherence to Food and Nutrition cleaning /sanitation policies and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Process menus correctly by placing appropriate food items on patient trays during meal service.
- Delivers meal trays to patient rooms visually checking identification bracelet and calling patients name with affirmative response. Delivers pediatric trays to nursing station.
- Sets up and delivers patient late trays within 30 minutes of notification.
- Selects appropriate foods for therapeutic diets when preparing patient trays and late trays.
- Picks up and delivers p.o. supplements from pharmacy, for patients daily.
- Stocks tray line before and after meal service and as needed.
- Cleans all work areas, walls, equipment, and storage areas after use according to departments policy and procedures.
- One year of experience in healthcare food & nutrition services and clerical experience preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/Equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy – Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy – Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Communication – Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement – Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay
- Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
Frequent variation in temperatures may occur walking through the kitchen area or into refrigerator/freezer. Moderate intermittent noise from kitchen equipment. The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body fluids, or other potentially-infectious materials is minimal. Requires the ability to exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website