Join a dynamic team that provides mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of customers. This is an opportunity to act as a trusted business partner for one of the leading companies providing innovative solutions in defense electronics. This position offers a motivated professional a unique chance to work across a broad range of International Trade Compliance activities that supports the enterprise within BAE Systems' Electronic Solutions Business Sector.
As an International Trade Compliance Import/Export Analyst, you will work with customers to shape and close international business opportunities in concert with internal objectives. Job function includes:
1. Individual must have a strong knowledge of the current Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Familiar with multiple categories within ITAR and EAR, along with “500” and “600” series. Individual will be responsible for administration of ITAR and EAR license applications and agreements, exemptions, and exceptions. Coordinate Export and Imports shipments in accordance with BAE Systems policy and U.S. Government export regulations and laws.
2. Prepares, submits and administers export license applications, technical assistance agreements, and other authorizations. Ensures compliance with approved authorizations.
3. Coordinates with program personnel to obtain export/import application information, review provisos/riders on licenses and agreements to ensure business and customer requirements can be met by the license or agreement.
4. Approves foreign travel and foreign visitors.
5. Participates in the investigation of any aspect of proposed export, temporary export, or temporary import by the Company to verify the legality of any transactions and the accuracy of the information.
6. Participates in the development and presentation of export related training materials.
7. Provides BAE Systems and/or government agencies with any required assistance or information needed during the review of license application.
8. Maintains export related record keeping functions for the Company as required by law.
9. Participates in conducting internal compliance audits on a periodic basis.
10. Maintains export licensing records in OCR EASE and/or other databases used for storing and tracking BAE Systems export licensing history and other reviews/approvals. When requested, prepares and distributes periodic reports on licensing status for use by Company personnel.
11. Applicant must be detail oriented, have good writing skills, and have good organization/communication skills.
12. Position to include air travel to various export conferences and required training.
Required Skills and Education
8+ years with HS
4+ years with AA
2+ years with BS
0+ years with MS
Preferred Skills and Education
Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate report and documents; make decisions using sound judgement while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
Experience with OCR EASE global trade management software.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website