Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team that is committed to providing a vital advantage to help our customers protect what really matters. We are looking for detail oriented, innovative, and hard-working team players who are driven to do their best, who will always do what's right, and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our military and government customers.
In this role, you will:
Applies technical knowledge to fabricate, assemble, integrate, and install communication, network, and security systems into a variety of military and government agency platforms, such as vehicles, buildings, and transit cases. Take test readings using common instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes. Fabricate a variety of RF, data, and power cables using solder and crimp techniques. Work with Engineering and other functional groups to resolve installation issues
Read and interpret technical drawings for fabrication and installation of communication, network, and security systems.
Travel all over the world in support of our various customers
All work is performed according to industry best practice and Mil Standards in accordance with Quality assurance standards.
This position is located in Summerville, South Carolina. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
Required Skills and Education
Associate's Degree in an Engineering or Technical Discipline
Or High School diploma or equivalent, and U.S. Military Electronics school, and at least 4 years of experience.
- Secrete security clearance
- Mechanical aptitude and experience with a range of hand and power tools, including drills, die grinder and Dremel tools.
- Electrical aptitude and experience with instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. and overseas as required (at least 50%)
- Basic operational skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook and Excel
Preferred Skills and Education
Complex soldering and cable fabrication experience
- Metal fabrication experience
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and production drawings
- Fiber Certified / BICSI Cableway training (such as NAVSEA Cableway Certification)
- Audio / Visual / Teleconferencing installation experience
- OSHA 10/30 hour course (Maritime or General Industry)
- Fall Protection Training for working at height
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website