BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Software Engineer for their USMC Wargaming Center which will be developed and operated from our McLean VA location. This is a 2 year opportunity which will transition into a 5 year opportunity in the Quantico VA area. The Marines are building a new Wargaming facility on Quantico VA which will run 16 wargames a year and multiple classification levels. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, will all be used to deliver state of the art wargaming capabilities to the USMC. This is a very exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a large contract with a long future. Candidates do not need clearances at this time but will be submitted for TS/SCI clearance which will be need 2 years in the future when we move the Quantico location.
Required Skills and Education
At least three (3) years of systems engineering experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business,
- Manages and provides software development support using format specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques and performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys and maintains software installations that meet user and business requirements
- Makes recommendations and implements enhancements to existing systems resulting in improved system efficiencies and performance
- Good understanding and experience of Application Server development, middleware and COTS product integration
- Expert knowledge of Visual Studio or other Microsoft IDE or Eclipse IDE for Java development
- Experience in API development
- Demonstrates strong (verbal and written) communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development team a plus
- BAE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website