BAE Systems is seeking a Technical Area Engineering Lead (TAEL) for our FAST Labs Engineering division. The TAEL will be focused on the development of highly integrated custom technologies that will provide the disruptive electronics componentry needed by to meet DoD's future needs.
FAST Labs RF, Electronics, Cyber (R3) is the premier research and development arm for BAE Systems in the domain of RF, Electronics, and Cyber. These projects focus on the development of new concepts and technologies that are on the cutting edge in the RF EW and Advanced Electronics domain. The primary customers are Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), other government R&D labs, and technology transition customers.
The TAEL is the primary engineering authority supporting the Tech Area Director and will have all delegated accountability for that family of programs. The TAEL focuses on program execution, new business growth, product leverage, product evolution, and continuous improvement for that portfolio of projects or products. The TAEL provides engineering direction for the assigned program family during all lifecycle phases (conception, design, development, production, and support). The TAEL ensures that all aspects of the solution design and development, including the application of core engineering processes, Design Reviews and Technical Bid Reviews are appropriately tailored, deployed, and effectively performed within the product family.
Ideal candidate would have experience designing highly mixed-signal, overseeing a multi-disciplinary chip design effort, working with advanced BiCMOS or CMOS technologies, laboratory validation of chip design, and interacting with production/operations team to ensure chip manufacturability.
Applicants must have at least an active SECRET clearance, and be clearable to a DoD TOP SECRET clearance.
Specific PTL duties are:
- Accountable to meet the overall cost, schedule and technical performance of the integrated engineering teams for a projects through the entire life cycle
- Create effective and cohesive teams by integrating architects, subject matter experts, and technical leads to address all aspects of the product life cycle
- Ensure that effective Engineering leaders are assigned to projects/programs so that projects are successful. Work with and support other discipline leads in their tasks to effectively staff programs/projects with effective direction.
- Define and manage product architecture and product evolution. Create and manage architectural views to facilitate knowledge distribution, teamwork, and leverage.
- Develop winning technical solutions and proposals to grow the business. Ensure preparation and approval of engineering bids that are executable and meet established price-to-win targets.
- Provide timely and accurate staffing and resource forecasts, overseeing the efforts of the engineering design disciplines to acquire and satisfy staffing needs.
- Achieve established business and engineering financial targets
- Apply required and appropriate Engineering process to ensure program and product development success and predictability (ARBs, TBRs, IDR, TRRs, etc.)
- Develop, execute and improve leverage methods consistent with our Leverage strategy.
- Hire, develop, and mentor top talent to promote organizational roles
- Develop strategy and roadmap for product technology
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent with 10+ years of experience or Master's degree with 8+ years of experience
- Ability to think strategically and formulate strategic vision, strategies and implement action plans to achieve goals in a changing environment
- Technical direction, management, and judgement in EW electronics system concept development, design/development, production, and sustainment relevant to the family of products and associated missions and applications.
- Proven ability to oversee, manage, and inspire a technical staff with diverse experience, technical views, and differences
- Proven ability to provide and transfer technology and know-how across organizational boundaries
- Proven Project Management and Product Development skills with a practical knowledge of Systems Engineering and DoD product development lifecycle
- Proven performance management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills
- Demonstrated clarity in an ambiguous & uncertain environment
- Accomplished in Engineering talent management, development, and acquisition
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website