**Positions available in either Annapolis Junction, MD; Aurora, CO; or San Diego CA**
The selected candidate will join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. A Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach will be used to coordinate the work of multiple agile teams that are injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while supporting an on-going operational system. He/she will provide support for a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. He/she will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. The selected candidate will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The selected candidate will help define task success criteria and test procedures, and will contribute to the development of system engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
Responsibilities include providing guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. The selected candidate will manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of fully functional and viable production systems, and will interpret and enhance Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) models and views. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. He/she will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The systems engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities. He/she will become a member of our overall systems engineering team, or will be embedded in an agile development team.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Relevant work experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have substantive experience with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be efficient and effective at performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must have SysML or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Past experience using CAMEO Systems Modeler.
- Experience with Model-based systems engineering (MBSE).
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Test Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Experience with CUCUMBER or similar TDD automation framework.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website