BAE Systems has an opportunity for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) in Rome, NY. The FSO will maintain and administer security policies and procedures for active programs in all security disciplines as required by DoD, Air Force and Program Security Classification guides.
The FSO also:
- Mentors, coaches, and reviews other BAE Systems employees for proper security adherence.
- Develops and manages security procedures consistent with BAE Systems Corporate policies, the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), ICD705/TechSpec and Air Force Instructions/Manuals.
- Ensures compliance with government and company security policies, procedures and directives to include BAE Systems Special Security Agreement (SSA).
- Develops and implements compliance standards and policies in supporting SSA, FOCI and BAE Systems security requirements.
- Provide and oversee construction requirements for new classified areas to include SCIFs, SAPFs, and Closed Areas.
- Manages, receives, dispatches and inventories classified documents thru SIMS in accordance with NISPOM and BAE Systems standards.
- Manages all aspects of document control and security trainings for employees to access the classified data.
- Manages badging and access control systems for BAE Systems employees, subcontractors, and other official personnel for area access and assists in obtaining proper access and/or ID badges for employees and customers.
- Manages the processing of new employee security clearances through JPAS.
- Responsible for the oversight of DD254's whether for subcontracts or from the customer. Implements the security requirements from the customer DD254's.
- Ensures personnel security files are properly maintained, updated, and reviewed.
- Processes incoming and outgoing visit requests in JPAS and utilizes JPAS to indoctrination access briefs and debriefings as required.
- May serve as the primary or alternate COMSEC Custodian Conducts periodic classified document inventories and security self-inspections on local processes and practices.
- Investigates and reports security violations and incident reports, completes Reports of Investigation (ROI) on security matters.
- Provides comprehensive security training, guidance and oversight to all employees.
- Develops and implements the security education and training program.
- The individual hired in this position must complete all required DSS CDSE FSO training curriculum within 1 year of hire (Possessing Facilities DOD Required Training).
- May become COMSEC certified.
- May also act as the Contract Special Security Officer (CSSO) and/or Program Security Officer.
- The FSO may travel up to 10%.
- May perform other security duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Qualified candidates will have the following experience, skills, clearance, and education:
- Experience in the Industrial Security field to include physical security, personnel security, operations security, communication security, and classified document control.
- Be well-experienced in working in a classified environment while managing all aspects of the classified areas (i.e. access, accountability, auditing, emergencies, incidents, reports, alarms and many other security related items).
- Experience establishing facility clearances and getting classified areas certified by DSS and/or DIA.
- Experience using security classification guides. Be able to draft and coordinate subcontractor DD254s.
- Experience in using a STE, vIPer, TACLANE and other cryptographic equipment.
- Experience working with additional classifications such as Special Access Programs (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years' relevant work experience.
- 10+ Years with HS
- 8+ Years with AA
- 6+ Years with BS
- 4+ Years with MS
- 2+ Years with PhD
- Active Top Secret clearance required.
- Be able to obtain/maintain Top Secret/SCI eligibility within a reasonable amount of time.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in security to include; industrial security duties, personnel security, classified document control, and other related security duties in support of DoD and/or Intelligence Community programs.
- Proficiency with maintaining and administration of security databases, to include SIMS, JPAS, e-QIP, and SWFT.
- Working knowledge of NISPOM, DCIDs/ICDs, AFI's and other Government security directives.
- Working knowledge of the government classified contract process to include DD254s.
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret and apply rules, regulations, directives and procedures.
- Good data entry skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally are highly desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website