Come see what you're missing! Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems FAST Labs RF, Electronics, Cyber (R3) product line is growing rapidly. Ranging from compound semiconductor technologies through development and demonstration of advanced electronic warfare capabilities, R3 has established itself as a market leader in the development of cutting-edge technologies. With this growth, we are seeking technology leaders to help drive R3 to an expanded future state. This specific requisition seeks to fill our opening in R3 Materials and Manufacturing Processes (M&MP) leadership.
Our Technology Charter Encompasses
M&MP focuses on developing disruptive technologies in the area of RF and rugged microelectronics to meet the future needs of the DoD and BAE Systems' business areas.
- Emerging wide bandgap and ultra-wide bandgap compound semiconductor material and transistor technologies
- Novel transistor and MMIC architectures that exploit new material properties
- Co-design of electrical, thermal, and mechanical properties of highly integrated modules for operation in harsh environments (thermal, electrical, and shock)
- Heterogeneous integration and advanced packaging techniques that provide functional and thermal management integration in RF modules and subsystems
- Wideband, low-loss, tunable passives
- High temperature electronics (both active and passive) that exceed operating range of high temperature SOI technologies
- Application of additive manufacturing (AM) processes to microwave components and modules
A Technical Area Lead is responsible for the portfolio of programs in each constituent area. This management includes:
- Development of the R&D portfolio strategy to achieve double-digit compound annual growth
- Management of Technology Group Leads, each their own technology development manager within the portfolio
- Execution of program portfolio across a multi-disciplinary cross-functional team
- Alignment of external customer goals with internal business expectations for successful delivery of business salient
This position reports directly to the R3 Product Line Director and can be can be based out of our VA, MA, or NH facilities, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Able to attain a DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience in leading teams to solve complex technical problems
- Experience and demonstrated success in capture of DoD R&D opportunities.
- Experience in developing and sustaining customer relationships to facilitate new business capture; preferred if experience leading diverse set of capture and proposal efforts
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks, and exceptional oral and written skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting technical research to large audiences
- Understanding of existing BAE Systems electronics markets and DoD customer base
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Holds an active DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience executing and supervising the execution of R&D internal and external activities.
- Practical understanding of product development and the DoD product development lifecycle.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within business areas and customer community.
- Proven ability to lead a diverse, and complex organization across multiple sites.
- Highly experienced in facilitation and cross-organization communications.
- Experience with resource planning, staff development and management reporting.
- Exceptional ability to allocate and assign resources to technical tasks and manage the resources toward efficient utilization.
- Proven performance in management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills.
- Experienced in reviewing and approving Basis of Estimates and proposals including assessment of associated risks and opportunities.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website