Join BAE Systems and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who is supporting our customer's critical mission. We are searching for dedicated individuals to join one of new and expanding programs.
BAE Systems is seeking Help Desk Specialists to support our customer in Bluemont, VA. This position will provide Tier 2 service desk support for the client's employees and customers. The Enterprise Services Desk (Help Desk) is focused on first contact resolution as much as possible, and operates using shifts that can vary and with staff being adjusted to meet requirements in order to provide IT support for our client's employees and customer.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries and troubleshoot over the phone.
- Utilize the customer's extensive knowledge base to find solutions to issues.
- Utilize remote desktop control utilities to assist end users with problems and to show users how to perform certain tasks.
- Report to work promptly based on the work schedule.
- Occasionally train new staff once the candidate is up to speed and confident in the customer environment.
- Please note when disasters are declared ESD staff may be required to work 12 hour shifts, and all overtime (hours above 8 per day) is paid at time and a half.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Must be able to obtain and hold a TS Clearance.
Must be able to provide Tier 1, IT support 24x7x365. (Most staff work 7:00 – 3:30 with breaks and lunch, and we don't work federal holidays)
Must have real world experience in internet application help desk support at an enterprise level. Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) are desired, but not required.
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, various Internet browsers to include Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Chrome and be able to learn new Operating Systems, Applications and over the phone hardware troubleshooting skills during normal hours using on the job training.
- Requires a High School diploma, AS or BS preferred.
- Requires 4 years relevant experience without a Degree or 2 years relevant experience with a degree.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency supporting Microsoft Windows 10.
- 2+ years of experience providing over the phone hardware & software troubleshooting.
- 2+ years of experience with Remedy Help Desk, or similar help desk system.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency supporting Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to type 25 words per minute or more.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with a diverse customer base.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) is desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website