BAE Systems has an immediate opportunity for a highly experienced, cleared Senior Program Manager. The Program Manager will lead a large RDT&E program for Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) Training implementation supporting the Navy Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Corona's Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE), based in Norfolk, VA. This position will deliver a sophisticated software-based system for synthetic/virtual training that links together multiple training facilities over a CONUS-wide area network. This system will integrate with DoD accredited cloud services and other IT systems. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to provide top talent and next general training solutions to Naval warfighters on a high profile program.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Over 5 years of experience providing program management for the development of large software based systems in support of the US Navy in excess of $100M
- Over 10 years of direct experience with DoD enterprise infrastructure and engineering programs
- Strong business acumen – capable of meeting defined acquisition and engineering timelines in coordination with multiple vendor partners, both large and small
- Technically proficient – conversant in modern engineering, network, and cloud solutions
- Bachelor's degree in some combination of engineering, management, business or related field
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Over 5 years of direct experience in the Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) training domain, either as a developer, operator or user
- Over 10 years of experience performing program management for large IT or software systems development programs in support of the US Navy in excess of $100M
- Over 15 years of direct experience with DoD enterprise infrastructure and engineering programs
- Program experience employing earned value or other similar program controls and best practices for managing cost and schedule
- Master's degree in some combination of engineering, management, business or related field
- TS/SCI clearance eligible
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website