Job Detail: BAE Systems Inc., one of the world's largest defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Certified Nurse Practioner (CNP) or Physician's Assistant (PAC) to provide Occupational Health services for the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA.
Accommodating work environment providing a day shift 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off), to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best.
Job Summary: The provider (CNP or PAC) functions as a member of the occupational medical clinic under the direction of the medical director within the Occupational Medicine Department. The CNP/PAC will be an instrumental member of the clinical staff ensuring all appropriate OSHA, DOT, HIPPA, and DOD standards are met and will report directly to the occupational health manager. The scope of Occupational Health Provider includes, but is not limited to, working with the site's Industrial Hygienist and overseeing the Occupational Surveillance Program, treatment and rehabilitation of work-related injuries, return-to-work programs, compliance with government and regulatory needs including, FMLA, ADA, as well as implementation of onsite training and educational programs, among the many and varied other services offered for BAE Systems employees.
Clinical Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform baseline and annual medical surveillance evaluations for BAE employees.
- Work with BAE Systems to evaluate employees Return to Work (RTW) and/or Transitional Duty requirement.
- Assess, diagnosis and treat work related injuries and illnesses.
- Facilitate and collaborate with multiple disciplinary medical providers to assist employee's transition within and between healthcare settings, to include, but not limited to; orthopedic, surgical, pulmonary and other doctor referrals.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant (Certified) with the ability to practice in Virginia.
- Ability to write prescriptions and obtain DEA license as the program progresses.
- Current BLS and AED Certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Maintain appropriate Licensures, Certifications and insurance.
- The ability to obtain CAHOC certification and certification to perform DOT physicals.
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Skills – Experience in ACLS and experience in Occupational Health to include working knowledge of OSHA Requirements and NIOSH recommendations is preferred, but not required.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website