See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Seeking an experienced Product Support/ Logistics Engineer to fill a key role on product teams for advanced electronic systems design/development programs and/or long-term production/sustainment programs. The right candidate will be experienced and knowledgeable in current DoD acquisition and sustainment strategies with in-depth logistics engineering knowledge and experience in support of advanced electronic systems design/development programs or long-term production/sustainment programs. They are expected to be a self-starter who is well versed in logistics planning, system design support and logistics engineering tasks surrounding new acquisition systems architecture and life cycle support and capable of executing and monitoring formal task completion and assigned subordinate personnel.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with logistics engineering tools and processes to prepare models and documents meeting DoD and/or GEIA standards
- Ability to perform product support analyses using electronic models (COMPASS, SESAME, EAGLE, OPUS, ICAPS, Powerlog-J, SLICWave etc.)
- Individual should be an agile thinker and executor of Product Support able to move between the strategic and implementation level during interactions with multiple disciplines, audiences and groups
- Skilled in supporting technical proposal activities including evaluation of requirements within statements of Work or Requests for Proposal and creation of Product Support Bases of Estimates
- Good working knowledge of Reliability, Maintainability, and Product Safety to ensure emphasis is placed on designing for high levels of supportability and availability
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Skilled in supporting technical proposal activities including Technical Volume development and staffing estimation.
- Hands-on experience developing Integrated Logistics Support(ILS) deliverables using product support techniques and Logistic Product Data (LPD)/Logistics Maintenance Information (LMI) (i.e., Level of Repair Analyses (LORA), Logistics Support Analysis/Requirements (LSA/R), Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA), Provisioning data, Spares Analysis, Packaging, Handling, Shipping and Transportation (PHS&T), Support Equipment Recommendations (SERD)s)
- Familiarity with principles of Contractor Logistics Support and Performance Based Logistics.
- User expertise in the use of PLM for engineering records
- Familiarity with Technical Manual and Training development requirements.
- Experience with life cycle sustainment planning and execution requirement in new start development, production and sustainment projects.
- Experience with managing development teams.
- Experience in sourcing and monitoring contract and subcontract labor during task execution.
- Experience with cost account management and Earned Value Management
- Demonstrated confidence in presentations to customer or management audiences
- Familiarity or experience with life cycle cost analysis.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website