Provides sustaining engineering, process development and new process implementation for the RF Systems factory and CCA through hands-on problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to improve product flow and product yields. This position is to support first shift LoTac factory operations.
Responsibilities may include:
•Develops new processes and identifies and implements changes in product flow to support the production ramp-up of RF Systems products through application of lean manufacturing principles. •Analyze defect data to identify areas to improve yield. Works with others to implement process improvements. Applies Six Sigma tools to solve production problems and improve existing processes. Uses poke yoke principles to prevent production problems.
•Participates in and documents customer corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology. Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
•Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support current manufacturing operations and recommends changes for production ramp-ups.
•Supports the implementation of new automation assembly equipment including programming, process qualifications and supporting tooling design through the tooling group. Additional responsibilities include implementation of Total Production Maintenance (TPM) to minimize equipment down time and reduce process variation and the use of PFMEAs to identify process controls to prevent production problems.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A US SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability in applying SPC, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website