The Program Quality Manager (PQM) is responsible for the effective execution of the program while driving compliance to the Quality Management System as well as Life Cycle Management. The role includes monitor and control of quality assurance and Life Cycle Management with a strong focus on Compliance as well as Continuous Improvement which will require effective deployment of resources across the business area assuring functional alignment across the Business Area.
In this position you will be partnered and work closely with Program Leadership and supporting organizations in order to drive the health and compliance of the program. While reporting to Quality you will work closely with Quality Leadership, Program Management, Operations, Finance and Contract in assuring compliance to business process as well as contractual and regulatory requirements. A thorough understanding of quality management and project management is required and integral to driving continuous improvement; value added solutions, achieving near term solutions, as well as being predictive in identifying early warning prior to situations degrading.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's degree and 6 years or related experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The prospective candidate shall be a Subject Matter Expert with Production Process Verification and First Article Inspections. The prospective candidate shall possess extensive knowledge of integration and aircraft integration efforts up to and including the certification requirements. The candidate must have working knowledge of the AC-130J and MC-130J variant to include field operations, extensive field modifications and technical background. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of MIL-HDBK-516B, extended and DCMA 8210. Candidate must be able to act as the Management representative to multiple customers, including DCMA and Government Program Offices. Candidate must have experience working with contracts requiring multiple FOB delivery points and DCMA delegation.
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure alignment with policy, strategic objectives and organizational goals.
- Collaborates with program management for planning, execution, and management of business policies and procedure.
- Approves project management plans and responsible for effective quality planning on projects. Primary interface to customer base as it relates to Quality.
- Responsible for the Quality of end item deliverables including Quality CDRLs as well as outgoing Quality Product.
- Assures compliance to Quality Management Systems, Lifecycle Management and AS9100C requirements.
- Leads integrated teams to determine effect strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions within the program and organization.
- Lead the Program Team in achieving certification on appropriate Customer Platform(s).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Prefer experience with implementation of AS9145 elements.
- Prefer American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer or Manager.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website