BAE Systems Inc and the Combat Vehicles (CV) Business Unit is seeking a Proposal Analyst. This position sits within the CV Proposal Support Team (PST) and works closely with Capture Managers/Proposal Managers/Program Managers to manage the proposal development process. Typical tasks include helping develop and update all plans, schedules, materials, and files; coordinating with other functions and leadership and helping with all reviews.
- Assists appropriate staff in moderately complex pre-proposal planning through development of customer intelligence, competitor analysis, win strategies; may derive information in cooperation with marketing, program management and function group contributors.
- Ensures BAE Systems capture, preproposal, proposal and applicable lifecycle management processes are followed and tailored appropriately.
- Analyzes moderately complex RFP to determine scope and requirements. Responsible for moderately complex proposal reviews and evaluation estimates input for adequacy, currency, completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness. Follows-up on deficient inputs.
- Researches past similar projects or estimates for comparative analysis as required.
- Requests estimates from functional groups or generates estimate data. Clarifies unusual requirements.
- Supports appropriate personnel to develop a Work Breakdown Structure and Program Schedule (including major program milestones) proposals as required.
- Verifies assigned proposals are in compliance with Sections L and M from the RFP.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's degree and 6+ years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Excellent communication abilities both written and verbal.
Able to organize and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
Ability to build relationships with cross functional groups.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience writing proposals or technical reports.
Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website