See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative and dedicated team responsible for industry-leading military Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team desires passionate security engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing the next generation of secure navigation products. As the Security Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead, you will lead a team of systems, security, and software engineers to perform security requirements analysis, develop security architecture and design, and develop security artifacts to obtain security certification and approval of military GPS products. Responsibilities include project scope, schedule, and cost management and will span all phases of system development life cycle.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and 4+ years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in an appropriate discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of information assurance and security engineering principles involving communications or navigation security, network security, and computer security
- Candidate must have strong leadership skills with the ability to oversee the design and development of a complex system
- Experience with project engineering and oversight of cost and schedule aspects for a project
- Candidate must have experience with Security Certification and Accreditation processes such as Risk Management Framework, DIACAP, or NSA Type 1
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with both internal and external customers, program management and senior management.
- All applicants must have at least an active U.S DOD Secret Security Clearance at time of application (required)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- Desire to lead and contribute to a results oriented product development team
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website