Come see what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a software engineer with full stack software skills, and at least 4-6 years of software design, code and test experience to join a small team environment on a distributed program. This is a hands-on technical role on a multi-disciplinary team. The engineer will help mentor a small team of developers in creating, deploying, and sustaining a cyber platform, in addition to hands on design/coding.
The objective of the program is to develop an enterprise solution for handling a cyber infrastructure. The front end consists of a thin client solution accessed via a web browser. The back end is built on RESTful web services with a backend SQL based database for storage. The ideal candidate will be familiar with this three-tier architecture.
The development environment follows the SAFE methodology, culminating in delivery to an operational environment. Secure coding practices must be followed due to the strict accreditation the system must adhere to. This position may require business travel in support of customer meetings and operational system deployment and support activities.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a computer related field
- Software development experience (at least 4-6 years)
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required
- Ability to innovate, evaluate and research new technologies while staying abreast of industry trends.
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to deliver in agile sprint cycles
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and technical lead to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Understanding and application of modern software development and systems engineering practices, design principles, techniques, and technologies.
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- Excellent team player who is willing to contribute in any capacity
- Experience with Enterprise solutions, across the full stack (front end, business layer, and database development)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- RESTful web services, JSON, Kotlin, Springboot, SQL
- Python, SQLAlchemy (less critical)
- Virtual Machine experience (setting up, creating and maintaining)
- Top Secret or SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) clearances highly desired
- SAFE for Teams certified
- Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
- Linux System Administration and networking
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website