Are you a highly motivated, technology driven, experienced software engineer? BAE Systems is looking for an
experienced Senior Software Engineer to provide software development support from concept through development and integration to deployment of a large complex, enterprise-wide Imagery and Geospatial Intelligence System.
This candidate will join a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design, code, and test new software in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support large, complex SW/HW based systems. We are looking for a proven engineer with demonstrated technical skills who can make an impact and contribute towards developing complex technical solutions.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal government
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 15+ year(s) software design, code, and debugging experience across the entire development lifecycle
- Proficiency with C++
- Knowledge of and experience with software design patterns and heuristics and their application
- Experience developing successful object-oriented systems with a focus on maintainability and testability, and deep understanding of issues surrounding layering and dependencies in object oriented systems
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Experience maintaining and enhancing large geospatial imagery archive and dissemination systems
- Experience and familiarity with UNIX and/or Linux
- Experience with UML and UML tools
- Self-starter with ability to multitask
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in multiple high level programming languages (e.g., C++, Java), scripting and other languages (e.g., sh, csh, bash, ksh, make, imake, UML, XML, HTML, CSS, and/or PERL)
- Experience with geospatial data and/or large imagery archive and dissemination systems
- Database tools and design (e.g., Oracle, SQL)
- Configuration Management tools (e.g., Jira and Git)
- Open Source, software and services
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website