Come see what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a senior-level software engineer who loves DevOps and working in the Cloud. The qualified candidate will work on a multi-disciplinary team and provide hands-on technical support to integrate software tools capable of mission data processing into a Cloud environment. Additionally the candidate must have strong experience using DevOps tools and processes.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a computer related field
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance is required
- Experience with cloud developing and hosting on AWS (preferred) or Azure
- Experience with cloud infrastructure tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, ArgoCD, Argo Workflows, PCF/Tanzu, Helm
- Experience using DevSecOps tools such as GitLab, GitOps, Bitbucket, CI/CD Pipelines, Docker, Fortify, Sonarqube, Chef/Ansible, Terraform, Nexus, Jenkins
- Experience developing in Java and writing scripts
- Ability to innovate, evaluate and research new technologies while staying abreast of industry trends
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to deliver in agile sprint cycles
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and technical lead to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- Excellent team player who is willing to contribute in any capacity
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Holding an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Understanding and application of modern software development and systems engineering practices, design principles, techniques, and technologies
- Security + certificate or ability to obtain certificate
- Experience developing microservices for a cloud-based environment.
- Experience developing RESTful services in Java
- Experience with continuous development using Git and Gradle
- Experience with Kafka messaging
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website